Taraluna Zen Zafu Sitting or Meditation Cushion with Silk Brocade Cover (Merlot/Gold)
The monks of Drepung Loseling Monastery in katmandu, Nepal create these beautiful accessories. Forced into exile by the Chinese occupation of Tibet, the monks create these gorgeous items to sustain their community and raise money to feed other exiled refugees. Zafus are round cushions which have been used for sitting in Asia for centuries. These versatile furnishings can be used for yoga, meditation, to stretch the back, or on a chair to correct posture. All items are individually handcrafted by Monks, the measurements are approximate: 13″ x 6″
- Zafu meditation pillow with silk brocade cover (cover zips off). Assorted colors, colors may vary (these are handcrafted items) and designs may vary. All are beautiful, no two exactly alike. Cushions are filled with cotton batting, making our zafus firm.
- The zafu is ideal for lotus, half-lotus or Burmese style sitting meditation or other postures.
- These cushions are very comfortable and used in many parts of the world for seating.
- The beautiful brocade covers will look great in yoga or pilates class, or home meditation.
- Fair trade allows artisans a fair wage to support their families. Measures approximately 13″ across by 6″ high.